Friday, April 11, 2014

The First Month

Well, it happened again.  I blinked and a month flew by.  We've already survived a cold for both girls, a family trip, a million big sister kisses, nice pats, some not so nice ones, and plenty of time outs.

It was an emotional ride home from the hospital knowing that was the end of my getting to dote solely on my second born, and not sure what to expect from the real life we were heading back to.  Lyla was so cute, just bursting at the seams with excitement about meeting her sister and having us home again.  When we sat on the couch with her she stood between Ryan and I, hung her arms around our shoulders and said "Mommy.  Dada.  Lyla.  Buddies."  And I knew everything would be ok.

Adding a second baby to the mix has been quite the adjustment, and difficult in a lot of ways, but it's also been a lot easier than I expected in a lot of ways.  I think mostly it's just that newborn magic that gets me.  Those sounds they make while they sleep or nurse, and the feeling of them asleep on your chest, that smell...if I could bottle all that up and sell it I'd be a rich woman.

Here's a bunch of pictures from the first part of the month.  :)

- K


Lyla meeting her Evie sis for the very first time.  I can't even describe the emotions in that moment, except that I think my heart exploded right then and there.


Snuggling with her new bunny Evie brought her.  :)



And my new push present.  That man of mine is a real keeper.




First Dr. appointment and first bath at home.  She obviously loved it.
 

Big sis snuggles.
 



Kevvy loves his baby sis too.  :)

1 comment:

  1. You are rich...with love!! Can't wait to see all of you this week.

    ReplyDelete